Available from our Warehouse (Not in store currently)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Dismas Hardy #5) (Compact Disc): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: The Keeper: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #15) (Paperback): $19.99
- #16: The Fall: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.99
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Paperback): $17.00
USA TODAY BESTSELLER
The beloved New York Times bestselling Dismas Hardy series returns with this “perfect piece of entertainment from a master storyteller” (Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author) about a relentlessly twisty murder mystery.
No one mourned when San Francisco DA Wes Farrell put Paul Riley in prison eleven years ago for the rape and murder of his girlfriend. And no one is particularly happy to see him again when he’s released after The Exoneration Initiative uncovered evidence that pinned the crime on someone else. In fact, Riley soon turns up murdered, surrounded by the loot from his latest scam. But if Riley was really innocent all along, who wanted him dead?
To the cops, it’s straightforward: the still-grieving father of Riley’s dead girlfriend killed the former prisoner. Farrell, now out of politics and practicing law with master attorney Dismas Hardy, agrees to represent the defendant, Doug Rush—and is left in the dust when Rush suddenly vanishes. At a loss, Farrell and Hardy ask PI Abe Glitsky to track down the potentially lethal defendant. The search takes Glitsky through an investigative hall of mirrors populated by wounded parents, crooked cops, cheating spouses, and single-minded vigilantes. As Glitsky embraces and then discards one enticing theory after another, the truth seems to recede ever farther. So far that he begins to question his own moral compass in this “superb thriller from a veteran crime writer” (Jeffrey Deaver, New York Times bestselling author) that you’ll savor to the last word.
About the Author
John Lescroart is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-nine previous novels, including the The Rule of Law, Poison, and Fatal. His books have sold more than ten million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Northern California.
"John Lescroart is not only a master of the legal thriller but a master storyteller as well. The Missing Piece is clever, sly, and delightfully twisty." —Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author of House on Fire
“Another perfect piece of entertainment from a master storyteller.” —Steve Berry, New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the Cotton Malone series
“Believe the hype: John Lescroart has earned his seat in the canon of great legal thriller writers.” —Karin Slaughter, New York Times and internationally bestselling author
"A superb thriller from a veteran crime writer! Lescroart brings all his many talents to bear in The Missing Piece: stellar plotting, his distinctive, punchy writing style and characters so real you feel you’ve met them before (though ideally not all of them, considering the author’s masterful depiction of villains!). And the city of San Francisco—in all its glory and seediness—truly comes alive under Lescroart’s pen. Bravo!" —Jeffery Deaver, author of The Midnight Lock
"Lescroart novels are heavyweight prize fights, the outcome in doubt until the final, unexpected, exhilarating blow." —Robert Dugoni, internationally bestselling author of the Tracy Crosswhite series
"Bestselling mystery writer John Lescroart reunites two fan-favorite characters to catch a San Francisco serial killer. Fast-paced and suspenseful." —Catherine Coulter, New York Times bestselling author of Vortex
"No one tells a story as seamlessly and compellingly as John Lescroart--he somehow manages to be endearing and sophisticated at the same time. Underneath the engaging characters, brilliant dialogue and riveting timely plot—there's an undercurrent of humanity, heartbreaking honesty, emotional depth, and the passionate search for justice. Bottom line: John Lescroart is the true master. And his books get better and better. The Missing Piece is terrific." —Hank Phillippi Ryan, USA Today bestselling author of Her Perfect Life
“Hypnotic and powerful, The Missing Piece is both a nail-biting cops-and-lawyers puzzler and a fascinating intellectual thriller. From San Francisco’s saloons to its courtrooms, living rooms, and interrogation rooms, you’ll walk the shadowy streets with some of the most interesting characters around. The question is, who really murdered Paul Riley? Grandmaster of suspense John Lescroart will keep you guessing until the dazzling end.” —Gayle Lynds, New York Times bestselling author of The Assassins
“John Lescroart is one of the most reliable crime novelists of this century. Dismas Hardy gets more intriguing with every new book and here he comes again!” —Ron Franscell, USA Today bestselling author of The Darkest Night
"Calling on his trademark eye for the big picture and his sensitivity to changing trends in the perception of the legal system, Lescroart crafts his most searing anatomy of that system since A Certain Justice (1995)." —Kirkus (starred review)
"What sets Lescroart apart from many of his fellow legal-thriller writers is his focus on complex themes like morality, conscience, and personal responsibility....Fans of the long-running series will be lining up to read this one." —Booklist
“The Missing Piece is a taut, beautifully-crafted thriller that leaves the reader guessing until the end. Lescroart’s characters are real people who live and breathe on the page.” —Author Link