Available from our Warehouse (Not in store currently)
Prepare for your Walt Disney World vacation with the one and only official, up-to-the-minute insider's guide to America's most popular travel destination!
Updated annually with expert advice and reviews, coupons, and more!
Trust Birnbaum as your 2022–2023 guide for:
- insider tips for budgeting, scheduling, and navigating the theme parks and resorts
- detailed descriptions of all the attractions, resorts, and eateries
- money-saving strategies and more than $400 worth of coupons
- colorful maps, photos, Disney character illustrations, and more
Get the scoop on what's new at Walt Disney World:
- Rocket through time and space at EPCOT’s new thriller: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
- Navigate Disney’s Genie+ Lightning Lane Service
- Add to your "must-do" list: the groundbreaking attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance; the exciting Slinky Dog Dash; the zany Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway; and the Disney Skyliner, the aerial gondola system connecting EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and four resorts
Inside this book, find out how to:
- Catch the Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks extravaganza
- Make a splash at the Disney water parks
- Have a meal with Mickey Mouse and his Disney pals
- Enjoy Disney Springs, a vibrant dining, shopping, and entertainment district
- Detect Hidden Mickeys throughout the theme parks
- Soar on the back of a mountain banshee at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park attraction Avatar Flight of Passage
- Choose (and book!) a Disney dining experience with our extensive restaurant coverage
- Book a backstage tour or fireworks cruise
- Get great value at Disney’s Art of Animation and Pop Century resorts
- Fly high in Toy Story Land, a cheery play zone at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park
- Meet favorite Disney characters
Planning a trip to the Walt Disney World with your family?
- Be sure to also pick up Birnbaum's 2023 Walt Disney World for Kids: The Official Guide.
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it: The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to Walt Disney World.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest. While Walt Disney World has vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
—Jill Safro, editor
"The Official Guide is also the best." ―The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews." ―International Business Times
One of "10 things I learned from our Disney vacation: If you plan to go, plan ahead. The average American wedding takes 8-12 months to prepare. That's a reasonable baseline for researching, booking, and preparing for a Disney trip, in my limited experience. And take advantage of the information that's available. . . . Birnbaum's Walt Disney World guidebook filled in a lot of other gaps." ―NPR
One of "19 great coffee table books for Disney fans" ―Business Insider