Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Kate Burkholder series.
- #1: Sworn to Silence: The First Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Pray for Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Breaking Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Gone Missing: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $11.99
- #5: Her Last Breath: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: The Dead Will Tell: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: After the Storm: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Among the Wicked: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Down a Dark Road: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Shamed: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #11) (Mass Market): This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
- #12: Outsider: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #12) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #13: Fallen: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #13) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #14: The Hidden One: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #14) (Hardcover): $27.99
A deadly fire exposes the dark side of Amish life in A Gathering of Secrets, a harrowing new thriller in the New York Times bestselling series (July 2017) by Linda Castillo.
When a historic barn burns to the ground in the middle of the night, Chief of Police Kate Burkholder is called in to investigate. At first, it looks like an accident, but when the body of eighteen-year-old Daniel Gingerich is found inside—burned alive—Kate suspects murder. Who would want a well-liked, hardworking young Amish man dead? Kate delves into the investigation only to find herself stonewalled by the community to which she once belonged. Is their silence a result of the Amish tenet of separation? Or is this peaceful and deeply religious community conspiring to hide a truth no one wants to talk about? Kate doubles down only to discover a plethora of secrets and a chilling series of crimes that shatters everything she thought she knew about her Amish roots—and herself.
As Kate wades through a sea of suspects, she’s confronted by her own violent past and an unthinkable possibility.
About the Author
Linda Castillo is the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Kate Burkholder series, set in the world of the Amish. The first book, Sworn to Silence, was adapted into a Lifetime original movie titled An Amish Murder starring Neve Campbell as Kate Burkholder. Castillo is the recipient of numerous industry awards including a nomination by the International Thriller Writers for Best Hardcover, the Mystery Writers of America’s Sue Grafton Memorial Award, and an appearance on the Boston Globe’s shortlist for best crime novel. In addition to writing, Castillo’s other passion is horses. She lives in Texas with her husband and is currently at work on her next book.
Praise for A Gathering of Secrets:
"A captivating story by a gifted storyteller." —The Washington Book Review
“Exquisitely plotted…a standout in a stellar series.”—Associated Press
"An atmospheric thriller about fear, revenge, and the dark side of Amish life...Linda Castillo is a true master of suspenseful police procedurals." —Bustle
“Riveting...Castillo's sensitive handling of her subject matter builds a nuanced, often troubling picture of insular, patriarchal communities in which silence allows predators to thrive.”—Publishers Weekly
“Taut and troubling...Castillo renders crime fiction that shocks, soothes and examines the concept of justice.”—Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star
“Another rewarding crime novel that looks beyond the idealized image of the Amish.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Another strong entry in a New York Times best-selling series.”—Booklist
Praise for the Kate Burkholder novels:
“Murder in Amish country has a certain added frisson, and Castillo’s the master of the genre.” —People magazine
“Thrilling...Castillo skillfully sets each scene, compelling readers to fear the raging stream, sense the tension in a room.” —Publishers Weekly for Down a Dark Road
“[An] incisive and affecting series...a harrowing plot; a heroic and fully human protagonist; an ability to engage heart and mind; and a reminder that no place is immune from the intrusion of evil.” —Richmond Times-Dispatch for Among the Wicked