This title is hard to find, please call the store for our current availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Harry Potter series.
- #1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (CD-Audio): $24.99
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (MinaLima Edition) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $37.99
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $47.99
- #5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Paperback): $16.99
Read by Jim Dale
Running time: 11 hrs., 48 mins. 10 CDs.
For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.
Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well. And the Azkban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts...he's at Hogwarts."
Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.
About the Author
J.K. Rowling was a struggling single mother when she wrote the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, on scraps of paper at a local cafe. But her efforts soon paid off, as she received an unprecedented award from the Scottish Arts Council enabling her to finish the book. Since then, the debut novel has become an international phenomenon, garnering rave reviews and major awards, including the British Book Awards Chidren's Book of the Year and the Smarties Prize. Ms. Rowling lives in Edinburgh with her daughter.
Performer Bio: The New York Times hailed Jim Dale as "The Toast of Broadway" in his title role in the musical Barnum. He has a long list of credits on the stage and in film and was nominated for an Oscar for writing the lyrics for Georgy Girl.