5 pm | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4
LGBT Book Club hosted by Sharayah Hudson.
Come join us for an adventure into literature with an LGBT theme!
Sharayah Hudson is a local resident in Prescott who moved from Flagstaff to join her wife in this diverse community. It is her vision that people of all persuasions will come together and understand themselves and each other through LGBT literature and poetry. Come one, come all!
Book List for LGBT Book Club • Sharayah Hudson, Co-Host
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post – Emily M. Danforth
- Rubyfruit Jungle – Rita Mae Brown
- Keeping You a Secret – Julie Anne Peters
- Fun Home – Alison Bechdel
- Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan
- Girl Walking Backwards – Bett Williams
- Ash – Melinda Lo
- Beautiful Music for Ugly Children – Kirstin Cronns-Mills
- The Bermudez Triangle – Maureen Johnson
- How to Repair a Mechanical Heart – J.C. Lillis
- Annie on My Mind – Nancy Garden
- And the Band Played On – Randy Shilts
- Holly’s Secret – Nancy Garden
- Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer – Chely Wright
- Not Otherwise Specified – Hannah Moscowitz
- Am I Blue? Coming Out From the Silence – Marion Dane Bauer
- Mislaid – Nell Zink
- Arresting Dress: Cross-dressing, Law, and Fascination in the Nineteenth Century San Francisco – Clare Sears
- Dirty River: A Queer Femme of Color Dreaming Her Way Home – Leah Lakshmi
- No House to Call My Home: Love, Family, and Other Transgressions – Ryan Berg
- Visions and Revisions: Coming of Age in the Age of Aids – Dale Peck
- The Evening Chorus – Helen Humphreys
- The Gay Revolution: The Story of the Struggle – Lillian Faderman
Numbers 1-16 retrieved 8/10/16 from “16 LGBT Books that Will Actually Change Your Life” on Buzz Feed. Numbers 17- 23 retrieved 8/10/16 from 2016 “Over the Rainbow” List. Description from the website: The 2016 Over the Rainbow Project book list, sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT) of the American Library Association (ALA), was decided at ALA’s Midwinter Meeting in Boston.